Salary: To be negotiated
Addison Project Plc is looking to recruit an experienced Sales Manager to support our Offices in the North West and North East.
You will be required to deliver a sustained year on year growth strategy.
As Sales Manager you will have an engineering background, experience in the chemical/process, petrochemical and pharmacuitical industries, together with experience of face to face technical sales and the proven ability to succeed.
Main Responsibilities of the Sales Manager:
- Create, oversee and follow up customer contacts and project leads by way of obtaining sales visits with progression through to securing orders
- Forge long term and secure client relationships, based on mutual cooperation, transparency and trust
- Play an integral part of negotiations with clients to assess their needs, tailoring quotations and tenders to suit customer demand
- Support the quotation process and project presentations in conjunction with the Business Development Director
- Produce regular activity, sales and growth reports
- Assist business development team in securing new work and development into new sectors
- Deliver on-target monthly sales at target margin
- Deliver annual target market &/or market share growth
- Understand and adhere to the sales management process
- Prepare Sales Reports and present, as required, with an analysis of results and recommendations on issues, actions and initiatives
- Develop and implement a Sales strategy and tactical plan aligned to the business plan, to include email marketing campaigns, website development, social media and trade shows
- Develop a network of contacts to understand current and emerging market needs and trends
- Review and adopt successful strategies and tactical initiatives
- Monitor competitors’ performance and respond promptly to threats and risks
- Ensure lead generation, sales and technical documentation supports initiatives to displace competitors
- Provide feedback to internal stakeholders on customer needs and market opportunities
- Engage with Operations to ensure project design and customer expectations are met
- Continuously explore opportunity for improvement
- Any other duties which are appropriate to the success of the business.
The Ideal Candidate should have:
- Bachelor degree in Business desirable
- Bachelor degree Engineering beneficial
- Proven technical sales experience within the chemical/process and engineering industry (Minimum 3 Years)
- Excellent sales skills: pipeline development and management, planning, analysing, reasoning, problem-solving and influencing
- Exceptional presentation skills
- Solid sales background developed through a career with strategic and tactical sales achievements
- Managed effective working relationships with internal support functions
- Demonstrated experience in developing and adhering to Sales processes, procedures and reports
- Credible Sales presence, presents with authority and confidence at all levels in the business
- Demonstrated results orientation
- Engaged and engaging personal style, listens and responds appropriately to issues, able to influence customers and close deals
- Energetic and motivated, able to work long hours when required to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated resilience, persistence and tenacity in responding to setbacks and overcoming barriers
- Possess a tremendous ‘can do’ attitude, being driven, reliable, trustwothy, supportive and proactive
- Business acumen demonstrated delivering results whilst managing uncertainty, competition and commercial barriers
- Able to travel as required by the business
- Possess a forward-thinking approach with the ability to think outside the box
- Be driven, ambitious and have the desire to climb the ladder to Senior Management
- Excellent verbal and written communication and IT skills
To all recruitment agencies: The Company does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Recruitment agencies should not send resumes to our HR team or to any of our employees. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies.
To all applicants: In line with legislation, this position is only open to candidates who have indefinite eligibility to work in the UK.
Please send CV to: email@example.com
Please note: If you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of your application, then you have not been selected for this particular position. Thank you