Permanent, Full Time
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Mechanical Designer to work as part of an existing mechanical design team.
As Mechanical Designer you will be involved in application of engineering fundamentals to engineering design and prepares preliminary designs for an engineer’s or a senior designer’s approval.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Preparing drawings, using CAD, under the supervision of Engineers and Senior Design staff
- Preparing lists, spreadsheets and databases to document information related to design drawings
- Ability and willingness to travel to an off-site location and/or accept client site assignments when required
- Working cooperatively with other designers and disciplines to produce a coordinated set of design documents
- Using company’s established techniques to work from designs/drawings of others to prepare mechanical construction documents
- Preparing mechanical equipment layouts and general arrangements
- Processing piping design
- Plumbing design including plans, schedules, and details
- Acquisition and presentation of accurate dimensional field data
- Review of vendor submissions and equipment drawings
- Review work for design integrity, completion, accuracy, clarity and quality
- Actively pursue continuous improvement and efficient work techniques
- Conduct research and consult with specialists for assistance in document preparation.
As Mechanical Designer you may work independently on design projects but usually you will take direction from an engineer or a senior designer.
Educational & Work Experience:
- Associates degree
- 3-5 years mechanical related design experience
- Must have solid conceptual and design process skills and good problem solving ability
- AutoCAD MEP or Cadworx proficiency (3 D modelling skills and experience)
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely; both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work effectively within a collaborative team environment
- Ability to complete tasks with accuracy and with strong attention to detail
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines, completing tasks as previously defined
- Candidates should be able to travel for short periods to customer sites and in support of projects in other Addison Project’s offices.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Please send CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: If you have not been contacted within two weeks of your application, then you have not been selected for this particular position. Thank you
NO AGENCIES, PLEASE