Pay Rate: To be negotiated
Position: Full time
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced EC&I Senior Designer to work as part of an existing design team. The designer must have all round EC&I ability as follows: –
• The candidate must be able to design all types of instrument loops (pressure, temperature, flow, level etc), electrical circuits including motor controls, LV distribution, lighting and earthing.
• A sound instrument and electrical knowledge of process control & electrical requirements in Hazardous and Non – Hazardous Areas within the Chemical Process type industry is required.
• A good working knowledge of ATEX Directives for selection and installation of control and electrical equipment in Hazardous Areas is also required.
• Knowledge of PLC and DCS control system I/O interfacing is required.
You must have the capability to:
• Design and produce all types of drawings & documents including instrument loop and electrical circuit diagrams, installation / layout diagrams for cable route and equipment location, block cable diagrams, electrical distribution diagrams, Installation Scopes of Work and material & cable schedules etc.
• Specify all types of instrument and electrical equipment and be able to carry out tender enquiries for EC&I equipment & obtain quotations.
• Produce designs using AutoCAD and be familiar with the use of PC software packages including Microsoft Word, Excel, AMTECH cable sizing & distribution system design etc.
• Familiar with compiling Tender & Construction Issue Packages for Enquiries, including the necessary design drawings and supporting User Requirement Specifications (URS’s), Scopes of Work and Material and Cable Schedules, obtaining quotations and liaising with the Installation Contractor during construction.
• Work with minimum supervision.
As an EC&I Senior Designer you should be familiar with:
British and International Standards, the use of Company Standards, Industry Regulations and EC Directives, Health and Safety and CDM Regulations, Method Statements and Risk Assessments.
Site working for measuring up and investigation, determining equipment locations and cable routes, liaison with client’s engineers and attending Project Meetings.
Please send CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To all recruitment agencies: The Company does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Recruitment agencies should not send resumes to our HR team or to any of our employees. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies.
To all applicants: In line with legislation, this position is only open to candidates who have indefinite eligibility to work in the UK.
Please note: If you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of your application, then you have not been selected for this particular position. Thank you