As part of the Addison Project service we offer all notifiable projects a dedicated CDM Coordinator to support your project and ensure that all aspects of safety are fully considered.
All Addison CDM Coordinators are experienced in the fields of design and construction and have been trained to the requirements of CDM 2007. Your dedicated CDM Coordinator will be able to offer the following:
- They will manage the selection and assessment of competent designers in accordance with Addison’s Quality Assurance procedures. These procedures ensure the designers are competent, both in detailed design and risk assessment procedures, associated with their designs and where applicable their premises and systems will be visited and vetted.
- They will manage the selection and assessment of sub-contractors in accordance with Addison’s Quality Assurance procedures. These procedures ensure that sub-contractors are technically competent, able to carry out the work and have site and safety management structures in place to support their activities.
- They will manage the selection and assessment of equipment vendors in accordance with Addison’s Quality Assurance procedures. These procedures ensure the equipment vendors provide technically suitable systems and items of equipment to meet the engineering standards. The equipment must conform to relevant national and international standards, EC Directives and be supplied complete with appropriate supporting documentation and CE marking.
- Identify what safety information held by the client will be needed by designers, contractors and vendors, including site conditions, client assets and safe systems of work.
- Co-ordinate the arrangements for Health & Safety, including identifying nominated client representatives during the planning phase.
- Your CDM Coordinator will notify HSE of the project and prepare F10.
- They will inform you if the initial construction phase plan produced by the Principal Contractor is suitable.
- Prepare a Health & Safety File that contains useful information needed to enable safe operation and future maintenance and modifications to be carried out safely.
- Co-ordinate Health & Safety aspects of design work and cooperate with others involved with the project.
- Your CDM Coordinator will help to facilitate good communication between all parties involved with the project, including designers and contractors.
- They will liaise and carry out regular reviews with the Principal Contractor regarding ongoing design work and Health & Safety file contents.
- They will liaise and carry out regular reviews with you to establish if any changes may have occurred which would affect safety surrounding the project.
Your CDM Coordinator will also identify, collect and pass on pre-construction information.