Addison Project were commissioned by a our client to perform the role of principal contractor for the build of a new process plant on an existing Chemical plant in the North West of England.
The plant expansion was required to double plant capacity to 40,000 tpa. It involved working in close proximity with the existing live plant and performing necessary tie ins during the annual shutdowns. Project was delivered on time, in budget with no major accidents.
Completed: March 2011
Client: Chemical Industry
Location: North West
Duration: 33 Months
Our role as principal contractor also included multi discipline engineering support, including civil structural, mechanical and control electrical design which was completed in conjunction with our an appointed Swedish design partner. It also included project management and planning duties, procurement of all equipment and contracts and construction management, SHE Management and CDM co-ordination.
- All Civil works including foundations for new plant, raised bund for cooling tower and new roadway.
- All Steel works including steel structure, pipe bridges, platforms for storage tanks.
- 12,000 meters of pipework installed.
- 180 pieces of main plant equipment including cooling tower and site built tanks.
- 1500 manual valves specified and ordered.
- 500 instruments specified and ordered.
- Migration and expansion of existing Delta V system.