Addison Project were approached by our client to complete a +- 10% sanction grade FEEP for this project. The project involved the construction of a second production line including the specification of the equipment needed and the civil works associated with the housing of this and a potential future production line.
Addison were challenged to specify improvements to this second process line environment that would have the high quality finishes to clean room standard as the clients main requirement was to provide a World Class Customer Experience for the process hall design for their customers.
The expansion also required changes to be made to the plant electricity infrastructure supply and additional mechanical and fluid utilities.
Completed: Phase 1 2014
Client: Chemical Industry
Approx Value: £4.5m
Duration: 11 Months
Once the proposal was sanctioned Addison were engaged and on an IChemE Green Book Contract for the project, construction management, design, procurement and planning duties through to mechanical completion of the project. Our role involved multi discipline design, including process, civil structural, mechanical and control electrical. Addison also performed the Principal Contractor and Designer roles under CDM regulations.
During the Construction phase a safety performance of 50,000 man-hours was achieved and recognised by the client as a major safety performance.
The project involved the installation into a pre constructed building shell a second process line including the specification, design procurement and construction of the upstream material feed systems and downstream material recovery systems. The supporting electrical and mechanical fluid services were also part of the Addison design and the construction control these comprised of:
- The fitting out of the process plant second story plant room.
- Electrical HV and LV Feed and electrical distribution.
- Fire Detection and intruder alarm systems.
- IT Equipment and internal data lines.
- Process Chilled Water Systems.
- Hot Oil Process Piping Systems.
- Process Fume and Heat extract systems.
Building Services comprising of:
- HVAC systems which provided ventilation and filtered Air to the process
- Trade Effluent drainage systems.
- Towns Water supplies
- Compressed air supplies including compressors.
- Local Extract Ventilation (LEV)
- Ceiling Level Gantry cranes for production and maintenance requirements.
- The design and construction of the building services and process equipment the civil works and the construction management of all trades on site.
- The construction of a World Class finished process hall facility.
- The Purchase and the Installation of new HV feeds and transformers bays
- The Purchase and Installation of new LV switch room and associated distribution.
- The Purchase and Installation of new Chilled water Systems.
- The Purchase and installation of new HVAC systems.
- The purchase and installation of new Compressed Air Systems
- More than 50000 man hours accident free construction phase.